Thursday, September 17, 2009

Mary's Fourth of July Party


Every fourth of July for the last several years, our friend Mary,her husband Jake,and family, have had all our crowd over for a fireworks party.  Mary is a marvelous cook, enjoys entertaining, and loves people. We never go anywhere without bumping into someone that Mary knows.
We go  early and  the younger ones are their too. We feast on appetizers, then the main course. When we are sufficiently stuffed and can't eat another bite, we go out front in comfy lawn chairs and watch the fireworks. Of course they are always spectacular.
As Mary , will not let us contribute by bringing any food to the affair. I decided I would make her  a  quilt for her and her husband to commemorate the occassion. I made a Log Cabin Quilt out of red, and blue plaid, and white centers. In the center block, I copied the picture of a fireworks spray. Unfortunately, I had only been able to pick up the small transfer paper, so the next year, I made another the same but with a larger  picture. I labeled it with Mary's Fireworks Extravaganza, and date.

No comments:

Post a Comment