Monday, September 14, 2009

Christmas With Cy, my 2 year old grandson


My randson Cy, lives in Waterville, ME. with my son, Charlie and his wife Laura,so we don't get to see each other that often. We do play phone tag a lot though.
They usually come down for Christmas, and I get up at least once in the summer. This year his car broke down, so my son Larry and I went to Maine instead. Larry and Charlie hoped to fix the car.
When Cy was born, I made him a couple of quilts. One was embroidered  blocks of bears, and bunnies. The embroidery took too long for my taste. I also made a mistke on the borders. I should have joined them diagonally at the corners. Didn't think of that till it was all finished, and wasn't going to pull it out. I can't remember what the other quilt was. At my age, I am allowed to be forgetful.
Last Christmas, seeing that he was nearing two years old, I thought I would make him a twin sizequilt. I found a Ships at Sea pattern on about.com. Christmas Day he ignord all presents, but loved the bannana box, we carried the presents up in. He sat in it and played with some of his old toys and had a grand time.

No comments:

Post a Comment