Saturday, July 4, 2009

Dresden Plate Quilts

After finishing our nieces quilts we decided to each make a Dresden Plate Quilt for ourselves. They had taught us the basics in the course we took. The pattern they taught us had a pointed top edge instead of the usual rounded edge. This seemed to be a fairly easy one to try.


I usually make machine made quilts. The Dresden is actually machine appliqued.


I have made several, since and have given most away, to friends and relatives. By this time I have no idea who I gave what. I hope doing this will refresh my memory.


When we first started I did not put labels on any of them. I guess I have to learn one thing at a time.


I am going to try and post a few of the Dresden Plates on this Post.


Things have been so busy, it has taken time for me to get back to this.




No comments:

Post a Comment