Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The ssecond wedding gown< my sisters and I made for my sister in law Betty. She had a very pale pink taffeta covered with tulle, It had two panels of scollopped lace tha tran down the front and back of the gown, About 10 inches before the hem on the panels,their was gathered tulle. The top of the gown had lace with scalloping accros the top.  A different size of lace with scalloping was needed for the sleeves.
Bacl then, ( about 1956) you couldn't find the same lace in all three sizes, in Boston stores, and you had to order from New York. Now I am sure you can get them anywhere

1 comment:

  1. What a pleasure to see the wedding gowns. It brought lots of memories from the days my Mum was a dressmaker for a living. She made so many wedding dresses I had to watch where I sat for all the pins and needles. They were well made in those days. The gowns you made were very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete